Monday, October 12, 2009

Operation October

Dear Reader,
It’s that time of year. No, not the holidays, jeez, as if any seniors have time to celebrate. (This isn’t a family Holiday Card, you know.) It’s COLLEGE APPLICATION TIME! I am turning all of mine in on the 23. Of this month. October. Period. The End. I won’t ever look back again. I will send them in, and just like that, all my preparation will be over. After that Fate will be Out of My Hands and into the Hands of Perfect Strangers.
I don’t like not being in control.
But while I am still in control of this whole mess of a process I have a plan.
Thank God and Jesus and Allah and the Wind God or whom ever for plans.
My plan is called: Operation October. And it goes like this

-Week One: Teacher Recommendations.
Status: CHECK MARK COMPLETED

-Week Two: College Essay. Start Filling In Apps.
Status: Facing It Head On From The Corner It Backed Me In To

-Week Three: Finnish Apps and Send In
Status: In Progress

-Week Four: Look Into Scholarships. Eat Lots Of Candy.
Status: Candy Eating In Progress Full Steam Ahead

It’s Week Two. That means: The Essay. The Essay About Me. The Essay That Will Determine My Future.
This begs the question: What on earth shall I write about?
My English teacher says we need to be ourselves. Yes, well what if myself doesn’t exactly believe in proper grammar? My Counselor says I need to write about my life. Yes, well what if my ENTIRE life doesn’t exactly fit into a neat and tidy essay?

I’d adore you forever if you gave me some ideas.
Love,
A desperate ElleBee.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could help, but mostly I'm going to send this post's link to my son MusicMan, because he is also a senior and we JUST NOW REALIZED that he should have his apps done in the next week or two. YIKES!!

    And darn it, I keep getting distracted by that Sudoku puzzle you put over there on the right...

    ReplyDelete